Sunday, October 08, 2006

Day 7 - 120 hands $1.050
Monthly goal $12.000 @ $3.148

I had a good run yesterday and made a nice score. I thought I played more hands than I did, but I did go out with some friends so I guess I cheated work a bit.

I played mostly at $5/$10 and the higher stakes paid off. The tables were good and people were in a bluffing mood. I got a couple of good hands and cashed in on them.

ATo on the Button: At the time this hand came up, I had won a couple of big hands without showdown. So I was waiting for a couple of the players to play back at me with mediocre holdings if I kept up the aggression. It was still a tough push to make with only top pair, but I knew it was the right play.

I started the session of really bad, I played perhaps 10 hands totally unfocused doing other things in the meanwhile.
After I caught myself making a bad call I sat out at the tables until I could turn my attention properly towards the game.

K4o in the Big Blind: This was the hand that made me sit out for a couple of minutes. I just shouldn't have called on the turn here. The river bet is fine as long as I fold to the raise, which I again didn't.
Luckily I sat out in time to cut my losses or todays session could easily have been a train wreck.

Non online poker related news:

Today I have just been sleeping my day away. My friends and I played a board game based on the series Babylon 5. The game is new to us and we took way to big a scenario. It lasted through the night and into the morning and we stopped before it ended cause people had to get up again the next day.

My brother played in a local Dota tourney yesterday. Dota is a very popular custom map for Warcraft. He and his clan came in first and he won a 500 GB hard drive, so congratulations to him.

No comments: