Thursday, October 12, 2006

Day 11 - 786 hands $915
Monthly goal $12.000 @ $6.620

My first session today didn't go well. My brother was downloading and I felt the delay with each click. Just a little distraction like that amazingly brings my game down several grades. I loose my reads and my feel for the tables, when I loose my focus.
Here is a hand from my early session:

JTs in the Cut Off: The villains bet on the flop makes me think he has an overpair on the turn. I know he doesn't have a flush, I don't think he has a set, so I jam it in when I make top two. If I had more time to think about the hand I think I could have found a fold on the turn, but I'm not sure.

My brother was downloading The Saga of Ryzom. It's an MMORPG that has gotten promising reviews. But my brother and I found it a bit too anime'ish to our liking, so we are gonna keep looking for a good game to play.

In Ryzom, even the big monsters have a cute anime look to them


After his download finished I opened up a couple of good looking $5/$10 NL CAP tables at Full Tilt. The CAP means that in no hand can any player bet more than 30 Big Blinds, so $300 at $5/$10. I often play short stacked the first few hands I play at a table and CAP is not much different than playing short stacked. It suits me well and hopefully will prove to be profitable.

It sure did prove profitable today, where I turned a $400 loss into a $900 win, by mostly just making simple correct pre-flop decisions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I often play short stacked the first few hands I play at a table"

How come you do that?

Great blog!

Anonymous said...

Hey man,

Just wanted to say I read your blog every day and I think it is excellent - Keep it up

Unknown said...

Thanks RJ and Celdar.

Much of the edge I have on other decent players at $5/$10 and $3/$6 comes from my ability to read the strength of their hand and to know how strong other people think my hand is.

When I first sit down, both of those abilities are blank. So I am basically just playing "abc" poker until I pick up the mood of the table.

With a short stack it is easy and often quite profitable playing "abc" poker. No one can push you off top pair top kicker, so I don't need "reads" to make correct decisions.

After perhaps 10 hands I re-buy up to the full amount.

Razboynik said...

Hi Johan !
Do you use Pokertracker ?
If you be great to see some stats and charts of your progress.
Cheers.