Friday, October 27, 2006

Day 26 - 569 hands $2.200
Monthly earnings: $17.001

Today treated me well. I played well and I got some cards, always a good mix.

I feel I have a better view on my own play now to how I have viewed my play in the past. This month's success has built my confidence and these last days of variance have balanced my perspective again.

As something new a friend asked me to feature this hand:

AQs on the Button: I perhaps should have bet out the full pot of $100 on the flop. On the turn I decide to check it, betting again is certainly also an option to consider.
On the river I make a thin value raise. There is a good chance I get called and I want the added $130 of value, but in order for that bet to give it's value over the long run, I have to be able to fold it to a raise.

Stupidly though I actually said I folded the Queen of Hearts to my opponent, now I would have to call this raise in the near future against him because he knows I can lay the hand down, which in turn makes me unable to make these kind of thin value raises against that particular opponent for some time to come.
I should have kept my mouth shut.

No comments: