Monday, October 02, 2006

Day 1 - 822 hands $28
Monthly goal $12.000 @ $28

I didn't play well in my first session of the day. There were a couple of really juicy $3/$6 tables at Full Tilt Poker, so I made the mistake of opening 4 right of the bat and sitting in with a full stack. The players were really aggressive and I was put to some tough decisions early on, without any reads on my opponents. I lost about a buy-in ($600) before I saw I needed to shape up.

Second session of the day started with a suckout, so I had a hard climb back up to even. Not that I usually try to make even again each loosing day. When I did the math I just noticed I had ended back just above zero.

A7s in the Small Blind: I am a bit lost in this hand. The game got three handed and I picked this hand to punish the Button who had been raising liberally. I still am unsure how I should have played, if indeed the hand shall be played at all.
Perhaps it is better to re-raise with something like all pocket pairs instead pre-flop. That way post-flop decisions are easier.

It does feel good playing online poker again. I just need to remember, when my concentration isn't at it's peak, to limit the number of tables I play.

No comments: