Thursday, October 05, 2006

Day 4 - 233 hands $524
Monthly goal $12.000 @ $808

Again I confirm my theory that all I need to make my monthly goal, is to avoid playing when not focused.

When I sit at a table I have a hard time judging just how good or bad my play is. I have an idea of where it is at, but I never think I play much worse than my normal game. After a session, before I write my blog, I look through the big hands of a session in pokertracker. There I am amazed of how much my play differs from an "A" game session to an unfocused one.

KJo in the Cut Off: Here is a perfect example of my game when I am concentrated. In my standard game I would not have played any street of this hand the same way. But in this hand I am confident in my reads and use them to make what I think are the right plays throughout the hand.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats up man, always enjoy reading your blog, can relate to the whole playing focused thing.

How many tables u play at once?

I was playing 8-10 but now feel like playing 6 gives me a lot more time to really focus on each hand.

Great blog, K

Unknown said...

Hi.

At the moment playing $3/$6 and $5/$10 NL I only play 4 tables at once. I used to 8 table back when I played $1/$2.

As you said, I feel my game improves when I cut down a bit on the tables.

Nick said...

Nice blog. I think I've played with you once or twice on Full Tilt. I'm The_Nikoli there.

Unknown said...

Thanks

I think I have seen that name once or twice, yeah.

I see you have a blog aswell, I'll have to give it a read when time permits.