Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Day 2 - 1.077 hands - $233
Monthly goal $12.000 @ - $204

I started today with a good session on $5/$10, I was focused and ended about $400 up.

Later I sat down again, this time at $3/$6.
I played way too long a session, loosing focus after about an hour. I started doing other things while playing, browsing and chatting. After a while I noticed I had lost any feel for the tables I was sitting at and all reads I had on players were gone. Still I kept playing and managed to throw away what profit I had grinded for the day plus some.

This is my second day in a row where I have not logged out when I have known it to be the smart move. Without any hard work I could easily be on track with my monthly goal, but instead I put my money in jepordy at the tables playing unfocused and tireing mylsef of poker at the same time.

I think I'll install a good computer game, so that when my mind starts to wander after a long session I have an easy alternative to poker. Hopefully it won't come back to haunt me, taking too much time away from work.

KK in the Small Blind: This is a perfect spot to push on the flop after he raises. I thought about it when in the hand but decided to call instead. I soon saw that I was lost in the hand, and wished I had pushed on the flop.

No comments: