Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Day 10 - 286 hands $445
Monthly goal $12.000 @ $5.705

My day didn't start out too well. In the actual first hand I play I get dealt two Kings and loose a buy-in to two Aces at $3/$6, a couple of hands later I quit the session at about $700 down.

After a day playing board games with friends I logged back on to give poker another try for the day. I played good and the cards treated me well. After a short while I had turned a loosing day into a winner.

Q9s on the Button: This isn't that difficult a call, I like the fact that I caught a bluff, but I would have liked a diamond river even better.
The reason the call isn't that difficult to make is the size of the river bet. The pot is $54 and the villain bets $50.

I am doing well in regards to my monthly goal. At this point I need to be at about $4.000 and I am comfortably ahead of schedule. There is nothing wrong with earning more than my preset goal though, so I just need to press onwards and play some cards.

I have been playing very few hands each day lately. Because of that I feel a bit bad if I take a day off from poker. Hopefully I can play enough these next couple of day, so that I can take a day off without feeling like I am skipping work.

No comments: