Thursday, October 19, 2006

Day 18 - 691 hands $1.594
Monthly earnings: $16.462

I have been running good this month, no question about that. But these last couple of days I have suffered a number of bad beats and I still end up for the day. Today I owe that to a good beat though, I got dealt Kings and sucked out against Aces, here is the hand:

KK from Under the Gun: The game is four handed, so I three-bet pre-flop, I don't think that was a mistake. I kind of knew that our money was going into the middle before I checked this flop, so I decided incase he had something like AK with the Ace of clubs to check/call instead of pushing.
Perhaps I misplayed this hand somewhere, I am not sure. I will have to give it some more thought. I am pretty sure that I can't find a fold in this hand though, I am not familiar enough with the opponent to make that kind of laydown.

I have been very happy with my game this month. I am crushing the competition and playing with very little variance. But I am starting to see there is much room for improvement still. I should start to open my game up more against some opponents. Players also give a lot more information away about their hands than I know how to pick up on.

This is very good news, because it means I can get better than I am now. Thereby improving my winrate and perhaps moving further up in limits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice blog, good to see someone killin it....

I enjoy reading...
-nick

Unknown said...

Thanks

I guess I am killin it :)

You website looks very interesting. A blog directory is a good idea, hope you get it rolling.

Johan