Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Day 23 - 810 hands $646
Monthly earnings: $14.118

Yesterday actually started out just as bad as the previous days. I was loosing coinflips and getting bad beat and before I knew it I was nearing $1.000 in the hole again.
But I kept at it and slowly grinded myself back into the green.

I think I will celebrate my return to winning poker by updating my profile picture with this new "happy" me.

When I feature hands I usually show one where I should have been able to make a good laydown. Because of that I often get the image of being very tight to those who know my play from reading my blog.
But when my reads are working, I make loose and tough calls aswell.

22 from Middle Position: I know that this player wouldn't make these bets if he had a hand, he usually doesn't show aggression on later streets. Although I don't know if I would be able to make this call if the river was a diamond or a heart.
And no I havn't made bad calls with stupid hands before this one. I only make this kind of call when I am almost positive I have my opponent beat.

Lets hope the good times last so I can get my confidence back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say that is a very gutsy call both on the turn and river, I certainly wouldn't expect that from you.

I guess you would never do that in one of our home games :)

Unknown said...

Hi okjones

Heh, no I usually don't make calls like that in our homegame.

Truth is I am not that good at reading people in live games, nor am I as concentrated as when I play online.
There are probably a number of you guys who are better at reading me live than I am at reading you.