Saturday, July 01, 2006

End of the month

The month has come to an end. I have played a total of 27.500 hands in June. Most of the hands have been at $2/4 blinds NL, with some sessions at $1/2 and some at $3/6. Pokertracker puts my winnings just shy of $7.500, but with rakeback and bonuses the month left me over $8.500 ahead. I’ve cashed out $4.000 and used the rest to propel my bankroll up to $12.000, slowly getting ready to make my main game the $3/6 blinds NL. I won’t make the complete shift until my bankroll is at $15.000, securing me 25 buy-ins, but $12.000 is ample enough to test the waters.

Looking back, $8.500 is alot of money to earn in one month. I don’t pay taxes of poker winnings here in Faroe Islands and even if they pass some law forcing me to pay taxes, I can move to Denmark where poker again is tax free. (Faroe Islands is part of the Danish Kingdom, kind of like Scotland is to Great Britain, so moving there is no great obstacle)Poker is nevertheless a bumpy profession, with the month of May leaving me down $2.000. So even though I start making alot of money playing this game, I don’t take it for granted and try to stay as sharp and focused on improving as I can.

No comments: