Thursday, July 13, 2006

261 hands $307

It looks to me that I am starting to get my "A" game back, but I hope I don't feel that way because the last two days have been winning days.

How is it, that every bad player that misplays every hand for an entire session, and just happen to end the session ahead after laying a bad beat on another player; always thinks afterwards that he played good. It doesn't matter how good or bad your play, our instincts say good play equals money, bad play equals loss.
Sadly I am just as affected by this flaw in our perception of ourselves. It is difficult for me to judge my game by anything other than immediate results.

I plan on picking up on my 1000 hands a day routine again, come this weekend. If my friends plan something big on several of the weekend days I might miss the quota, but I don't think 1000 hands should pose any difficulty otherwise.

A8s in the SB: The pre-flop call of the Big Blinds raise is perhaps a bit on the loose side, but the player limping Under the Gun was bad and he was getting frustrated at me, so I took a flop.
On the flop I think this is a clear call. I have perfect relative position sitting to the right of the preflop raiser, I have a backdoor flushdraw and I might just have the best hand in middle pair. Other than that I hope to spike an Ace which I will play somewhat cautiously or an Eight which I will consider the nuts.
I had check/raised the UTG player before so I went with it again and this time he calls me down out of frustration.

No comments: