Thursday, July 06, 2006

602 hands $423

I took it easy today, playing mostly $2/4 blinds NL and very unusually for me I played in a tournament. The tournament went nowhere, but I did well in the cash games.
I was very happy with last months results almost reaching 30.000 hands played, which is my goal. This month however I feel a bit drained and I think taking it easy for starters is a good idea.

One of my friends, Tórður, is back on the Faroe Islands to celebrate his 30th birthday. He lives in Denmark and seldom finds the time to visit. He is also an avid poker player, if not active as of late, so I am sure that my friends are gonna find some time to play a couple of Sit and Go’s while he is here.

AJo in the BB (continued) :I’ll go through all streets of this hand, explaining what I think are the pitfalls one should avoid aswell as what opportunities there are to take.
I don’t like a standard pot raise here pre-flop. The two limpers are in early position and both have short stacks, so you’ll likely face two callers with a raise out of position that most likely will fold if an ace flops if they don’t hit and won’t fold if you miss. There is always the chance that one of the limpers came in with a good hand, so a push isn’t a profitable play either.
On the flop there is a clear argument for betting, but so far my hand is disguised and if an opponent has a weaker Ace or a flush draw he will hopefully bet for me revealing his hand in the process.
No one took the bait on the flop and now there are two flush draws possible. I don’t like overbetting, as it kind of gives away that I slowplayed the flop.The river is the key. One of the flush draws got there and the ten could also give my opponent two pair. But failing to bet here, extracting the last and biggest bet of the hand from a weaker Ace, a busted draw containing a Ten or a pair of Queens results in missing alot of value in the long run. I will offcourse fold to any check/raise, my opponent is very unlikely to bluff this river because I could easily have a big hand.

No comments: