Wednesday, July 12, 2006

297 hands $222

Again only a short session to keep up with the Iron Man challenge. Since I am taking some time off to get my "A" game back, I have had some extra time on my hands. That time has been spent playing the Dungeons and Dragons online game. Some of my friends have started playing and they offer a free 7 day trial, so I thought why not.
On another note Me, Tórður and Jákup went to Stevens for a game of MahJong. It's a great game, it's simple to play but it has quite alot of nuances to it. Afterwards me and Tórður went to play Dungeons and Dragons, but I first had to take my daily dose of poker and Tórður watcehd. Here is one hand we both liked:

98s in the BB: When you flop a near cinch hand your always happy, but you still have to worry about getting all the money in the middle. Sometimes it is an art to reach the all-in stage without leaving your opponent any way out.
In this example I decided to check/raise the flop and weak bet the turn inducing a raise. If I instead had just lead out with strong bets from the go, there would have been a risk of not ending all-in.
In this hand I think the all-in couldn't have been avoided though, my opponent wasn't too passive.

No comments: