Tuesday, July 25, 2006

386 hands -$140

I overbet pushed twice today and got called in both instances, also loosing both times. Not that it preoccupies my mind, but I it made me think about the value of the play.

87s on the Button: Here is the first time I push. In this example I have about a 46% chance of winning the hand. I did not like the push when I thought about it afterwards, because I acted too fast. I didn't give my opponent time to start worrying about my holding. The flop went check, bet, raise, push, call in very fast order.
If I would have stopped to think, I would have realized that he might have me dominated with a bigger flushdraw here and might well have called with such a holding.

T9s Under the Gun: This push I like better, the stacks are bigger, I have a better draw and the player I am doing it against is a stronger opponent capable of laying down stronger hands than the previous opponent.
That he happends to have flopped a set is offcourse unfortunate. I still have a 42% chance of winning this race.

I am gonna think some more about the overbet push play. I don't think I will strike it from my arsenal of moves, but I might choose to employ it in diffrent settings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»