Tuesday, July 04, 2006

910 hands - $1032

I didn’t get to many hands in today. I played with my friends in two SnGs before I logged on, so I didn’t really want to overdo it.
In the live games, I did ok. I won the 1st tourney, sucking out on one hand against my friend Trondur, but otherwise I played ok. A new player called Hans made nr. 2 so I am sure he’ll join us again. Second game I made a bad call on the bubble with A6o against my friend Jan’s pair of 99’s and was out. Trondur went on to win that one with Jan comming in second. We all chipped in 100 DKR (which is about $17) with 500 DKR going to nr. 1 and 300 DKR to the runner-up so I left with 300 DKR ($51) profit.
Online didn’t go to well though. I took some very bad beats against full stacked players. I played fairly well and didn’t tilt, so looking back I am not dissapointed with the day.

J8o in the BB: I admit I am kind of lost in this hand pre-flop, I am sure folding is an option on the flop, but I decided to peel one off. When the flush card hit I took the opportunity and went for the bluff. His large raise on the flop looked like a bet fearing a flushdraw and my weak play on the flop could very well be interpreted as a draw so I went with it. I usually don’t fire the second barrel very often, but I felt it would work this time.

KK on the Button: One of numerous bad beats I had this session, this one cost me the most though. Notice it is against the same player I bluffed in the previous hand. I felt he played like a typical tourney player and that he was getting suspicious of me, so I am pretty sure he would have called my push with AQ and JJ aswell.

No comments: