Monday, July 03, 2006

1229 hands $1795

I played against captZEEbo for the first time today. There was a really juicy $5/10 blinds NL game going, so I took a shot at it, before I knew it ZEEbo sat down. Incase you don’t know him, there is a link to his poker blog on the right.
The good times keep comming, this weekend has really set me up for a good month. I unfortunatly can’t say it is because I am playing particularly well, I just get good cards against bad players. Don’t get me wrong I am not playing badly, I just realize when luck is the main contributor to a good run.

AQs in the BB: This is a no brainer call. His most likely holding is a mediocre overpair and I am a favorite against them. Even if I knew he had QQ pot odds would have justified a call with me being only a slight underdog.
In this hand I am playing $5/10, so slightly above my normal game. But I don’t hesitate putting the money in, although I know it most likely will be a coin toss situation. If you fear backing the small edges up with your stack when they come along you should be playing in a smaller game.

QQ in the SB: The fellow with the Aces misses out on some value here. I guess he got scared of the 8 on the turn or the heart on the river. I think I would have put me on a worse overpair or a draw if I were him and gotten more out of the hand. Surely he atleast should have bet more on the flop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, just wanted to leave a word. Found the blog through Zeebo's, and I've been reading it lately.

I'm still a begginer playing 50NL (and still even not sure if I'm a winner here), but found your idea of "Careful Poker" very interesting.

After 6 months this is exactly what I have learnt (I'm learning) to play with care and stack reckless players.

Thanks for your articles.

regards,

dardo (2+2) - pedro

Unknown said...

Thanks for saying hello.
It hasn't been to long since I played in the $50 buy-in NL tables, but I had played alot of Limit hold'em before that, so I advanced through the NL stages a bit quickly.
I have one piece of advise I can give, that I am certain helps any players game. Start a blog.
I only have a couple of friends I can talk to about poker and I doubt they want to hear some hand account each day. But writing this blog gives me some time away from the tables where I daily can reflect on my play.
I am sure it has helped me alot.