Saturday, July 15, 2006

927 hands $204

Today had alot of ups and downs, but when all was said and done I came out modestly ahead. $100 comes from a bonus on Party Poker and the $104 was actual real "work".

The tables were littered with bad players today, so that is something good. Hopefully it will stay this way throughout the weekend. Yet I am not certain I am playing well enough to profit fully from the money being donated. I still need to work on my game and my emotional state while at the tables, so I can come closer to a tilt free zen state.

Sorry for poor language and spelling errors in the last post, sometimes I write these just before I go to bed and don't read properly through them before I press "Publish Post".

88 in the BB: I am not proud of the flop call, I guess I called to re-evaluate on the turn. When he bets the weak bet on the turn I just knew that the 3 pairing counterfeited his hand and he must have 74. In the heat of the moment I felt he'd call a push and went with it, I guess the smart play would be to let him bet the hand again on the river, or pick it up then if he failed to bet again and atleast fold to the flop checkraise.

2 comments:

HardcoreBO said...

Hey- my name is Bo (HArdcoreBO) and I was just browsing around and found your site. Your call on the flop actually paid off, but a raise there actually would have been better because of the possible draws. But then he probably would have gone all in.
Anyhow- goodluck with everything. I am trying to prove myself in the .50/1 dollar limit still before I move up to 1/2, any suggestions?

Unknown said...

Hi.

Proving myself at lower limits, consistently grinding a small profit has really paid of for me. I played most of my "training" hands at Limit Hold'Em and it took a long while before I became a confident winner at the $5/10 Limit tables.

Each time I suffer a bad beat or a bad run or a bad month, the grinding I put in at the lower limits keeps my spirits up, because I proved to myself that I had an edge over other players and that that edge was enough to beat the game.
That kind of confidence, along with a good bankroll management and emotional control is just as essential as an edge skillwise at the higher limits.

I am sure you have heard all this before and I don't know if I can give any advise that you havn't read already.
If there is anything I keep reminding myself of, it is that I am here to play against the bad players. So when I hold 22 through 66 in position preflop and a bad player raises I'll be more inclined to call in hopes of flopping a set than if the raiser was an unknown or decent player.