Wednesday, July 26, 2006

471 hands -$853

I had a bad run today and coupled with only playing my "B" game at times it left me down a hefty sum. Don't get me wrong, my "B" game is not unprofitable, if I hadn't suffered a couple of bad beats I would have been up overall.
I played in a live tourney aswell and was very happy with my play there, but alas bad beats had me out in 6th place and only top 3 got money.

I explored the overbet push again today, with very bad results again. I simply don't seem to get called when I have a nut hand, but do get called when I am on a draw. To me it seemes like the board has the same texture and I play them the same way against the same opponents, but the results are never in my favor. Perhaps I have just been very unfortunate with my timing, but I can't help but suspect that there is something wrong with the play that I just don't get yet.

On another note, I do feel ready to start putting in some hours of work each day again. Hopefully I can start preparing my bankroll for the next level, while cashing home some money in the meanwhile.

3 comments:

Jordan Lows said...

enjoy the blog man u will get back on track check my blog out JALMANPOKER.BLOGSPOT.COM

Unknown said...

Thanks.
Already turned my fortune around, had a good day today.

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»