Thursday, July 20, 2006

258 hands - $964

What can I say, I lost an some big hands on the $600 NL tables, it happends and I don't feel badly about it one bit. Swings are part of the game. If your a 60% favorite to win you will loose 40% of the time, that's poker.

TT in MP: Here is my biggest looser for the session. The call is, if I can say it myself quite stellar. I am about a 75% favorite to win, but then you are gonna see him catch that King or Ace once every four times when you make this call. And I am not gonna feel bad each time that happends, if I did I'd spend too much time feeling bad while playing.
As to the play, or the call rather, I can't give much info. Either he has me beat with a higher overpair, or he is playing AK frustrated. It is a gut feeling type of call, this time my gut said he has AK and he did.

KK in UTG: This is the very next hand. As you can see I havn't rebought yet and am now UTG. I think I played it great overpushing, playing on my tilty image from the suckout last hand. Needless to say I am not gonna fold the hand under any circumstance, so if one of them has JT or a set he gets my money.
But just making a standard $65 bet would leave me with less than $200 behind in a big pot, not knowing what to do if a 7, 8, 9, T, J, Q, K or Ace came on the turn. I am very sure than any Queen calls me here and an A9, A8, TT, 99 or T9 just might call aswell.

I know it is not advisable to post bad beats on your blog, but I think the two hands were interesting so I decided to post them. I won't get into a habit posting bad beats, but whenever I have a loosing day the most likely interesting hands will probably be the loosing one's and vica versa.

No comments: