Tuesday, August 01, 2006

753 hands -$2044

I had just a dreadfull session today. Bad hands, concentration lapse and tilt sums up a 2 hour session at Party and Full Tilt.

Party Poker is running a promotion this comming month, where you have to accumulate 100 partypoints for as many days as possible in August. I am thinking about giving it a shoot, so I played 500 hands today at Party to get into things again.
I got horribly outdrawn and stood to loose a fortune until atlast an overbet push lessened my losses somewhat.

99 in the Small Blind: I really feel the work I have put into studying when to make this move has paid off. I know better players than me employ it, but throughout the month I have had difficulties making profit on overbetting. Now I feel comfortable adding this valuable weapon to my arsenal.

Anyways ...

I stop at 500 hands played on Party Poker, thinking to myself that I will take a little break and turn to Full Tilt for another 500 hands. My clever plan is to turn a loosing day into a winning one while starting my trend of 1000 hands a day again.
The second session was only more brutal than the first. It seemed like every time I called my opponents had just outdrewn me and each time I folded I got shown a bluff.
I felt that my losses were starting to get the better of me, so I quit the session before the planned 500 hands were played.

All day I have been in a good mood, looking forward to writing about my great month and how much I have won. Losses really get you down, regardless of whether they stem from bad play or bad beats.
This day ended so badly that I will postpone my planned End of the Month... diary entry to tomorrow. Sadly the day will still be reflected in the results that I write about tomorrow.

On a lighter note, I held my planned live Sit and Go with my friends today. I baked cakes that I hope they enjoyed. I planned on posting a picture, but I am still very inept with my new camera and I couldn't find a picture that would do the tourney, my friends or my cakes justice.
I came in second in the Sit and Go, loosing to Kenneth heads-up.

Poker is not an easy profession. It is a true joyride when you are winning, but loosing is where the trial starts. There is no break and you can't call in sick. All you can do is try to learn from each mistake, while still not being affected by the results emotionally. And to turn it around you have to go head back to work with the added baggage on your mind.

No comments: