Thursday, August 03, 2006

652 hands $736

Getting back into shape is hard. I took the planned walk today, but in the poker department I just couldn't get in the thousand hands. The hands I did manage to play though were good, I flopped some sets and got paid off.

The work I put into studying when to overbet push to get maximum value out of a good hand is starting to pay interest. In pots that would never swell to all-in size with normal betting, I reap alot of otherwise missed profit by pushing with some hands.
The trick is to know what kind of hand your opponent will risk all his chips with, if he thinks there is a chance you are bluffing, and then push whenever you put him on exactly such a hand and you have him dominated. There is no easy way in learning how to put your opponent on a range of hands, you just have to play alot.
The hard part with the overbet-push is that you can't just push with your nut hands, you have to bluff at times or your opponents will know never to call. There is no need to show your cards when your bluff works.

My quest to get a decent picture of myself continues, this time the likeness is a bit better than the previous picture.

My brother took this one of me today using my new camera, I'll link it up to the profil. Hopefully it is a bit easier on the eyes than my previous choice.

I have been very pleased with my results in tournaments recently, so I am thinking about taking a shot at some big guarenteed prize pool tourneys in the future. The change of venue would probably help with my lazyness.

No comments: