Friday, August 11, 2006

Day 10 - 299 hands $476
Monthly goal $10.000 sofar $4.097

A third of the way through the month and I am ahead of schedule in respect to the monthly goal. I am happy about it, but I am not happy about my play as of late. I hope to shape up before I start dropping behind schedule.
If I do reach $5.000 before the 15th I think I will order a check for the amount. Checks take quite some time to reach Faroe Islands. If I want to cash it before I go on vacation I need to sell the fur before the bear is shot. I don't need the money, but I do feel kind of nervous about having an extra $5.000 sitting on some poker site for a month unattended. There are always horror stories going around about sites being hacked. The only way I see of preventing that is to not keep a big enough amount on any one site, so that it will severly hamper your bankroll if you indeed do fall victim to thiefs.

On a sidenote, I have started up a 14 day free trial of Eve Online with my brother. Sofar the game seems very well structured, but hopefully it won't steal too much time away from poker.

No comments: