Thursday, August 31, 2006

End of August results:
14,664 hands $10.269

These are my Poker Tracker stats for my NL Cash game play.


Add to that $2.229 from tournaments, rakeback and bonuses and I just made my Monthly Goal with a profit of $10.269.

Just like last month, the only level I seem to have a hard time at is $400 NL. Perhaps the games are tougher there, or they just don't fit my style of play.

There are a some aspects of my game I have been trying to improve this last month. Pushing a big stack into a small pot to maximize value has proven itself a profitable skill, when used at the right time. Lately I have also been experimenting with limping some hands on the button and cut-off, instead of raising. I don't have enough info to be sure of the results yet, but it is looking very promising.

Hand reading and tilt control are issues that always get better with practice. This month has certainly helped in that regard.

I think my monthly goal was a good idea and I plan to set myself one for next month. But since my vacation starts tomorrow and will last well into September, I have plenty of time to think up a new goal.

No comments: