Friday, August 04, 2006

Day 3 - 775 hands $1.700
Monthly goal $10.000 sofar $2.436

This post is delayed, because I couldn't access the site yesterday.

I don't think setting one thousand hands a day as a goal is very productive. I don't multitable as much as I used to, due to playing higher limits. One thousand hands wasn't that big of an issue when playing eight tables, but with three tables open it becomes a chore. Therefore I am gonna set myself a diffrent and hopefully better goal this month. My goal will be to earn $10.000 in one month. Beating my old record of $8.500, I'll keep $5.000 of it online to build my bankroll for higher limits and cash out the other $5.000. That is if I indeed make it.

I had a couple of interesting hands in yesterdays session.

55 in the Big Blind: This opponent has been a thorn in my side for some time now. I really don't know how skilled he is, he might be better than me he might be worse. One thing is for sure, he is decent enough and he has outflopped me time after time lately, so he probably has me pegged as a money bag.
My actions in this hand only makes the matter worse I guess. Needless to say, I am offcourse not very happy about how I played the hand.

AK in the Small Blind: This hand features the overbet push again, but not in the standard sense. I could have easily played myself out of this pot. If I had bet a normal amount of say $80 on the flop, both my opponents would likely have called. And then on the turn I would have played myself into a tough decision when the third heart would have fallen.
Instead I just push of the bat, because I know that the opponents in this hands will call me with plenty of worse hands.

No comments: