Monday, August 21, 2006

Day 20 - 398 hands -$156
Monthly goal $10.000 sofar $7.783

I played three live tourneys yesterday with my friends. I didn't finish in the money in any of them. The entry was about $17 for each.

Me (right) and Jan stacking up chips for the next SnG. Darn lamp was in the middle of every picture I took, in this one TrĂ³ndur is holding the camera.

I knew I wasn't gonna do well, my shoulder was in pain and I wasn't focused. Later on the pain cleared somewhat and I logged on Full Tilt Poker. I played much better online and would have been up a decent chunck if I hadn't lost to a suckout.

QQ on the Button: I usually don't post Bad Beats, there isn't much to learn from them. But this was the only interesting hand I played last night. When I flop a full house like this I am not gonna waste my chance at a big score by slowplaying and hoping to extract some value out of a pocket pair. I had seen this player make a bad call beforehand, so I am sure he will call a push with any Ace.

I feel I am playing well lately. Usually there are a couple of regulars at the $400 and $600 tables that give me some headache. But this last month it seems as if I am the one giving them headaches. It could be a sign that I am ready to move up to $1000.

No comments: