Saturday, August 19, 2006

Day 18 - 832 hands $319
Monthly goal $10.000 sofar $6.950

I took it easy yesterday. My back has been troubling me lately, especially my shoulders. I am sitting to much infront of my computer and the wear is starting to show. The vacation in September is hopefully gonna do me some good, otherwise I would have to look into a better chair and a new desk.

The session wasn't too eventfull, but there was one interesting hand.

J7s in the Small Blind: The aggressive player with the big stack is an unknown to me. His huge raise really took me by surprise and in the heat of the moment I decided to call the turn and hope he didn't bet the river. Unless offcourse a Ten or a Club fell in which case I would shove myself.
In hindsight I think the correct play is to push the turn. I might well be ahead of a set or two pair type hand, not to mention a bluff or semi-bluff. And if he indeed limped on the button with exactly T7 and makes this strong a move when he turns the nuts, I have alot of outs.
Looking at the hand again, I think he very likely has a set here and if that is the case I guess I am lucky I didn't push with the board pairing on the river. That doesn't mean I played it correctly though.

No comments: