Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Day 29 - 197 hands $478
Monthly goal $10.000 sofar $10.119!

$539 from rakeback and a nice day at $200 NL on Party Poker and here I am $10.119 richer than I was 29 days ago!

The Monthly Goal has been broken. I feel that I am secure making a comfortable living, for as long as enough bad players want to gamble.
Again I want to say that setting a goal like this works out better for me than setting a goal to play a certain amount of hands. Discipline is needed when you are your own boss and my monthly goal has been a good motivation, where playing a fixed amount of hands each day wasn't.

There was an nice hand in yesterdays session:

88 on the Button: Notice the large raise from Under the Gun. This is a classic tell that he either has JJ, TT, 99 or AK. He makes the large raise to get bad hands to fold, because he isn't too comfortable playing the hand after the flop. AK, because it often misses the flop and he doesn't want to throw it away and the pairs because an overcard often flops and he doesn't want to throw them away.
In a case where I see a raise like this and I have some reads on the opponent I will call with a large amount of hands, because I already know alot about his hand.

I will post a coupe of entries more before I leave for vacation, I might even play a couple of hands. The monthly goal is over though, incase I loose or win some money I will take that as a seperate thing.

1 comment:

Jordan Lows said...

thank you for the comment i seem to make better strides when i make good records and keep aiming for something my first goal i failed but yet succedded in a way. ty and i hope u continue to follow