Friday, February 09, 2007

February 9th - Still running good.

Monthly goal: $10.000
I am at $6.692
Change: $2.014


Lady luck is still with me and I am winning my fair share of pots. The weekend is upon me now, and I should be gearing up to put in more than a thousand hands a day of "A" game poker. But I don't feel 100 percent. I have been sleeping irregularly and because of a late winter here in the Faroe Islands I haven't been able to take an exercising walk for a long time.

The smart thing for me to do would be to take this Friday to get into shape for the rest of the weekend. But I want to take a shot at the FTOPs, Full Tilts poker series. The first of the tourneys starts in a couple of hours, so I might be able to squeeze in a brisk walk before I get to work.

JJ in Middle Position: This kind of felt sick when I saw the AA. I thought this was just the kind of opponent to make this kind of raise with AT or a similar hand, and I thought I would get a quick call if I didn't leave him time to think about it and just shove.
Surprisingly I turned out the sucker. I normally don't lose a full stack with JJ, but his call before the flop lured me in.

Needless to say $5/$10 is starting to feel very comfortable. I believe my stay there will be a very profitable one, if I can keep focus and Lady Luck on my side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work. Changing your earnings this month from - to +, but i don't like your move in the hand. Most solid players do lay down A10 in that spot, and do only call you when your beaten

But maybe you had some kind of read on him ?

it isn't so unussual they trap on preflop in nl 1000 huh ?

Unknown said...

Thanks

No I am not to happy about how I played that hand myself, but yeah I had a gut feeling and I went with it.

I haven't seen players calling raises with Aces frequently in NL $1.000.