Tuesday, February 06, 2007

February 6th - A bad day.

Monthly goal: $10.000
I am at -$1.632
Change: -$1.077


Yesterdays session was a bad one. I didn't get many good hands and I didn't connect with a lot of flops. Although I didn't play any big pots, I slowly bleed money away.

KQo in the Big Blind: For some reason it is hard to put a LAG short stack on a big hand, perhaps because they so seldom show one down. I don't know if I should have played this hand differently, but my read was in any case off.

99 in the small blind:This was my worst moment of yesterdays session. I clearly should have folded the turn, or even better I should have pushed on the flop.

The loss so far still isn't bothering me too much. I am confidant that I am beating the level and I want to keep fighting it out on $5/$10.
One more day like this though and I think it will be time to abandon this months goal and move down to $2/$4 and $3/$6 and aim at getting back to even. My bankroll is quickly approaching the $3/$6 mark.

On the bright side though, I still think it is more likely than not that I'll come out ahead. One good session or two and I could be right on schedule again with my monthly goal.

No comments: