Saturday, February 03, 2007

February 3rd - Getting back into $5/$10.

Monthly goal: $10.000
I am at $669
Change: $669


Not reaching my monthly goal last month isn't gonna stop me from aiming higher this month. I think $10.000 is well within my capabilities, I just need to put in the time and effort required.

Reviewing last month I see now that I am still suffering from bad beat fright after the short bad run I had in November. Variance is a killer, not because of the strain it puts on my bankroll, but because of the strain it puts on my mind.

To easier explain how hard it is to take, I'll show a couple of hands from todays session. All these hands are form the 1000 hands I played today and keep in mind that I ended the day up $669:

Q3s in the BB
66 from Under the Gun
AA in the Small Blind
A8o in the Cut Off
JJ from Under the Gun

Every on of those hands feels like a punch in the stomach. In October last year, I was in fine shape and was able to take the punches that fall in the higher stakes tables. But since November, I have been out of training and I need to get back into shape.

I feel focused and ready, so this month I aim to play and to win at $5/$10.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Q3s: Fold river without good reads
66: That's just bad luck
AA: Same as above
A8o and JJ seem pretty much standard to me..

But keep on going, I have a good feeling that you will make your goal this month..

/RoiDa

Anonymous said...

eye of the tiger and all that jazz :) gl this month on your rise to busting a 10k upswing

Unknown said...

Heh thanks :)

Yeah I hope I can make it. I guess it still depends on how the cards fall.

But I plan on making sure that I don't fail the goal from lack of effort or focus this month.

I have some personal things to attend to this weekend, but I think I can manage to get in a decent amount of hands.