Wednesday, February 14, 2007

February 14th - Showing hands.

Monthly goal: $10.000
I am at $15.238
Change: $360


Yesterday I finally took some much needed rest. I have been playing an awful amount of hands lately, at least for my standard.

Stephen, a friend of mine, has recently come back from a trip to USA. He brought some new board games and we gathered yesterday to try out the new edition of the classic Arkham Horror.

The game was fun, but we had misread the new rules and ended up beating it much too easily. Hopefully it will be a harder challenge next time we give it a try.

I did manage to get a few hands of Hold 'em in before gaming started though and managed to secure myself another win. Here is a hand that bothered me a bit.

77 in the Cut Off: I should have been able to make that call on the river and I think I would have made it if I had another 30 seconds to think about it in.
I won't comment on my opponents play, but I think this is one of those times where showing your hand is correct. A lot of players go on crazy tilt, after being shown this kind of bluff. The mere fact that the hand still bothers me proves that and if I was having a bad run lately I am sure the hand would have put me on tilt.

No comments: