Sunday, February 25, 2007

February 25th - Oscarsnight is saved.

Monthly goal: $10.000
I am at $12.819
Change: $1.717


I have had two good short sessions, one today and one yesterday. I definitely didn't get as many hands in as I wanted this weekend, but I think I played well when I did manage to open up a table or two.

I usually don't play any big pots on a table, before I've sat at it for an orbit. I want to get a feel for how the players are playing. Yesterday wasn't all perfect play though, here is my first hand at one table.

T9o in the Big Blind: I make every mistake I can in this hand. Luckily it woke me up and I started playing better afterwards. I wonder if it would have the same effect if I didn't suck out on the river.

In unrelated news... Rolf, a friend of mine has come to the rescue. He has a channel that shows the Oscars so in half an hour or so we are crashing his place for an evening of movies and awards.
Personally I hope Letters from Iwo Jima wins, although I haven't seen it yet. Other favorites are Pans Labyrinth and Children of Men, both deserve an Oscar for one of their many nominations.

No comments: