Tuesday, February 13, 2007

February 13th - Good times keep on rolling.

Monthly goal: $10.000
I am at $14.878
Change: $2.909


I wish I could say that my game has been good enough to warrant the kind of success I've had this month, but it hasn't. There is nothing wrong with my game, I am playing well, but I shouldn't have won this much this fast.

I don't mind though, I'll gladly take the luck I get. I just have to remind myself that this won't hold up. The bad beats I have suffered this last week can be counted on one hand, out of more than 50 big pots where I often am only a mediocre favorite.

ATo in the Big Blind: I hate when I make these mistakes. The player in the Small Blind is tight and I haven't seen him get out of line. When he three bets the flop I know I am beat, but I convince myself that I am getting priced in to see another card.
I need to be able to fold there. He has got a draw, a Ten or a set. If my read says push I push, but if it says I am beat I need to be able to let the hand go.

4 comments:

Razboynik said...

Hi Johan !
How big does your bankroll have to be to play 5-10 tx nl short handed?
How many tables do you play?
Cheers.

Unknown said...

Hi Razboynik

I have been playing 4 tables as of late. I am probably gonna add 2 more in the near future.

Bankroll management is a tricky subject, as you probably well know. I can't go into the entire matter here, but let me just mention that there is more to bankroll management than a mere number.

That said, I aim to keep a bankroll of $25.000 for $5/$10 NL.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jóhan, good to see you are doing better.

To the hand:
Shouldn't you have raise the flop higher, so if he was on a draw you wouldn't give him odds the call you. I would think you ought to have raised the flop to about $200-220.

Comments?

GL

Unknown said...

I am not giving him correct odds to call.

My knowledge of odds and outs isn't flawless, so excuse me if I make any mistakes. But as far as I see it, barring he has Jc9c, I am not giving him correct odds to call.

If I knew he had a draw and I knew he would call a bigger raise then certainly I would try to make as big a raise as I thought he'd call.

That isn't the case in this hand though. I don't have that much information about his hand so far. I am up against a tight player who raises out of the small blind and has just continued by betting the flop.

I make a raise to take the betting lead. Perhaps he'll fold and I can pick up the pot, or perhaps he'll call and I can hopefully get a read on what kind of hand he has on the turn.

By raising to $165 I am making it incorrect to call with a draw. If he calls, the turn card will fall with the pot at $400 and us with $800 behind. I think that is a decent spot to be in with this hand.

If I make it $220, he will make a slightly bigger mistake by calling with a draw. But I don't think he will call that big a raise and I want him to call if he has something like AcKc, JTs or 77.

I'll also face a pot of $510 on the turn with $745 behind. I think that is a slightly worse spot to be in than the above example.