Sunday, February 11, 2007

February 11th - Yet a big score.

Monthly goal: $10.000
I am at $9.345
Change: $2.653


Yesterdays session was a long one. I didn't follow my own advise and take it easy. Instead I quickly made some bad plays and got stuck a bit over a grand. Most of us have the flaw of trying to get back to even when stuck, I certainly do. But I did catch a good run of cards and luckily came out well ahead.

I played more than two thousand hands yesterday, including about 2 hours in a tournament. Unfortunately I didn't cash in the tourney, but I played well and got my money in with the best of it.

The sessions were rewarding in knowledge as well. I was surprised at how many new tricks I picked up.

There were a lot of interesting hands yesterday, but I can't feature them all.

AKo in the Small Blind: It is kind of neat playing against a named pro, well as long as your not an underdog at the table.
We were getting a bit deep stacked and Paul Wolfe was using his position well. Perhaps this hand would have been much easier to play, if I didn't pull the limp re-raise from the Small Blind.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Keep up the momentum. the tone of your blog is returning back to the days of "variance is non-existent" and its good to see.

Unknown said...

Thanks

Fun part is that a large percentage of the momentum of these past few days is due to just that - variance.