Saturday, February 17, 2007

February 17th - 100.000 DKR.

Monthly goal: $10.000
I am at $17.821
Change: $3.649


Yesterdays session was as good as I hoped it would be. It is definitely worth saving up energy for the weekends. The games do get a bit wilder, so the variance is bigger than on weekdays. But wilder games are almost always more profitable for a good player.

$17.000 is about 100.000 DKR (Danish Krona). That is an insane amount of money to win at a game. Entire movies are often centered around something like $15.000 that someone stole, or someone owes. Suddenly it seems kind of funny to watch a movie about gangsters and heroes running around chasing $15.000, when I've made more than that this month.

TT in the Big Blind: This was kind of a tough call.
I was very sure by the turn that my opponent wasn't on a flush draw. I've seen people call with flush draws so often, that I know how much time they usually take to make up their mind to call. That in turn lead me to believe that he should be afraid of a diamond if he had something like AK.
When he made that big bet on the river, I thought through all this and decided he most likely would have raised the flop or the turn if he had a King. I called and expected to see something like 88.

I did make a couple of bad plays in yesterdays session as well. But I have decided to feature some winning hands for a change.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jóhan - 100.000... Sweet.

Unknown said...

Dude :)

Unknown said...

indeed... :D

wish i was earning that! :D

Damn nógvir pengar...