Tuesday, November 28, 2006

November 28th – Friends won.
Monthly goal $15.000 @ - $3.546

If you read my last entry I was undecided about whether or not to play some serious poker or hang out with friends this last weekend. Well...

...friends won. That is me in the middle and Jan on the right. I can't remember the name of the girl on the left. Tróndur is taking the picture.


I have been playing a bit since then, but any plans of getting back to even this month pretty much rode on this weekend gone by.

Looking through the hands from these last couple of days, I found that almost all the hands where I lost the most were bad beats, usually featuring me with the better kicker and my opponent making two pair after all the money goes in.

JJ in the Small Blind: I am not so sure I am happy with the way I played this hand. I know that re-raising pre-flop would make it a lot less difficult to play.
Perhaps the best play would be to call the turn and call almost any river bet, evaluating if a bad card fell.

I think it will be good starting a new month. I would have liked to end this month on the positive side, but perhaps a fresh slate will help my game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What hands do think are going to call your all-in on the turn?

Poorly played hand IMO. :S

Unknown said...

I am pretty sure that I have the best hand on the turn. So I am not too afraid of getting called and seing AA - QQ.

I decide to check-raise all-in because I knew there was a big chance he would bet and that way the money goes in with me holding the best hand.

The reason I featured the hand is because he is most likely on a bluff and I am not getting any more money out of him if I indeed check-raise.
But I have seen plenty of bad calls in my time and wouldn't be surprised if he called and showed something like 99 or AT.

I write in the comments after the hand that perhaps I should have just called his turn bet and tried to get him to bluff again on the river, but I don't know if that is the best play.
Perhaps I should have made a weak bet on the turn, trying to induce a larger raise.

Regardless I agree that the all-in is probably the poorest play of the three.