Monday, November 13, 2006

November 13th – Working my way back up.
Monthly goal $15.000 @ - $2.569

Hold 'Em Cash

There were plenty of good $5/$10 tables today, so I opened up 4 tables. I am quite happy about my play and I got my money in the middle as a strong favorite about five times during the 100 hands or so of play. Keeping in style with my bad run of late, I lost four of the all-ins. Luckily in three of them I was short-stacked so the whole session only left me down about a buy-in.

KTs in the Big Blind: Top pair with a weak kicker is a tough hand to play out of position against an aggressive opponent. Other than not raising pre-flop, I like the way my opponent played this hand. His bets are just the size to keep me in. If he had a bit looser image he could have tried for a pot sized bet on the river, faking a bluff.

Omaha High Cash

I felt a bit sick of Hold'Em after taking a number of beats from my earlier session, so later on I gave Omaha a try.
I found a couple of good $2/$4 tables and managed to win in my loss from Hold'Em and end the day with a small profit.

AK55s in the Big Blind: I think I should have been able to find a fold on this flop. I have no straight draws and no flush draws. A possible straight is already out there and by the actions of the two first players and the fact that I hold the Ace of Spades, I can be pretty sure I am already facing the straight or a higher set.

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, or so the saying goes. I don't know if a run like this improves my game, or my tolerance for bad beats. But I know it is part of the game and this will probably not be the last month I'll have to dig myself out of a hole.
I still don't doubt that I am able to beat the games I am in, I just need to hang tough and wait for clearer skies.

No comments: