Monday, November 20, 2006

November 20th – Low limits.
Monthly goal $15.000 @ - $2.196

Yesterday was mostly dedicated to Neverwinter Nights 2. I did play some poker and lost a couple of hundred dollars, but not much interesting happened.

A good friend of mine has been crushing $200 NL lately. He usually watches TV while he plays, so I guess he is beating the game without much effort.
My concentration as of late has been a bit bad. When going from playing Neverwinter Nights to playing poker, it is hard to keep focus. So I got this idea of why don't I just 8 table $200 NL instead of playing poorly on the $1000 tables. Well it turned out to be a great idea, I won almost 6 buy-ins in less than 1000 hands.

Not caring about the money is a problem, when I'm used to playing with 5 times the buy-in, I did three-barrel bluff a buy-in away early on. But when 8 tables started running, I kind of forgot about the amount of money, and just focus on playing poker.

JJ from Under the Gun: Players at smaller levels slowplay a lot more than on higher levels. Therefore it might not always be correct making thin value bets like this one. I don't have too much of a problem laying hands like this down, but if I constantly start getting check/raised on the river like this I might start making bad calls.

I don't know if playing low limits as a change will become a habit. But when the games are this soft it's stupid not to play.

No comments: