Sunday, November 12, 2006

November 12th – A return to blogging
Monthly goal $15.000 @ - $2.910

I want to give blogging each day a try again, although I plan on changing some of the things that have slowly made blogging seem like a chore to me.

I notice people don't think three buy-ins down over three weeks is anything to complain about. For me it is a very big deal.
Please don't misunderstand me, the money isn't the issue. It wouldn't make that much difference to me if I was down $6.000 or $1.000 over this last three week span.
The issue is that I have been extremely unlucky these last three weeks. Imagine a player sitting down at a table with $1.000. After some time he has won 1 billion dollars and then he looses it all to a one outer. The guy comes home feeling down about it and explains it to his wife and she says, well that isn't so bad you are only down $1.000.

If this month would have gone well or even just been fair to me, I could have made a down payment on a new house with the money I have lost to bad luck. Working hard each day and seeing all my efforts turn to nothing is tough. That is why I am upset about these last weeks of poker.
Enough rambling, I hope people get my point.

Yesterday I played in the Iron Man $30.000 tourney. I am happy with my play, but I lost my chips in this hand:

99 on the Button: Preflop I think both calling and pushing are options to consider, I decided to just call.
The flop call was quite a tough decision for me, but considering the pot size and the tourney structure, I am pretty sure it was the correct play.

Today I have played mostly $5/$10 PL Omaha and it has gone pretty well.
There is alot of money to be won playing Omaha, so whenever I don't find a decent NL Hold'Em table I take a shot at it. I have moved up limits fast and I dread I am making a fair amount of mistakes in Omaha. But as long as the competition is making more mistakes I'll gladly keep playing.

No comments: