Sunday, November 19, 2006

November 18th – A quiet weekend.
Monthly goal $15.000 @ - $2.954

I didn't play much yesterday. Just logged on to Party Poker to see how the games were like.
It feels good to take a break like this. I find myself thinking about other things than poker in my spare time.
I dug through some old hands and found this one:

ATs in the Big Blind: I re-raise with hands like this pre-flop against opponents who seem to be stealing too liberally. After the flop I misplay the hand badly. My opponent is decent he won't call a flop bet from me unless he has me beat, so if I would have just bet I could have gotten away from the hand cheaply.
Instead I check and proceed to call away all my money.

Re-raising decent opponents from the Blinds is often a better play than calling, but it sometimes leaves me on unknown grounds. I learn from repetition, so I don't have more skill than others when I get into situations I havn't been in before. I think that is why I play the above hand so slowly, recognizing my inexperience in this kind of situation, I decide to try to keep the pot small, it just doesn't have the desired effect.

No comments: