Monday, March 05, 2007

March 5th - Deep stack play.

Monthly goal: $11.000
I am at $1.554
Change: -$547


I played a good session early yesterday. I got my monthly profits up above $4.000, but after that my luck turned. For the past two days I have had a very bad run of cards. The weekend action has been very good, with loads of bad players throwing their money away. It has been tough seeing all those opportunities wasted away, because I couldn't get any cards to cash in on the action.

I haven't played flawless poker, but I can't attribute much of my losses to bad play.

76s Under the Gun: I usually don't call preflop in spots like these. I have not got much practice with these kind of hands and deep stack play. I hope to train this portion of my game so I tried it out in this hand.
I don't know what to think yet of my play, but I know I regret folding the river.

My game is improving and I feel confident that I can build my bankroll up for higher limits. I need to put in more hands when the games are good, so I plan to hook both my monitors up to my PC again, so I can up my table count.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice hand, well played!

The river is very marginal and reads are all decisive there when making the decision.

/RabsInTheBabs

Unknown said...

Hi Rabs

It sounds like you like to play a more loose and aggressive game than me.

I usually play a tighter game and rarely harvest the profit potential of suited connectors.

I feel that I am missing some chances, when the stacks get to one and a half buy in and above by not calling raises with drawing hands.

If I feel I have an edge against an opponent, I am sure I could increase my earnings by opening up my game more in position.

Johan

Anonymous said...

Hi Johan, I would be very interested to discuss poker with you somewhere and especially deepstack play.

I play $1/$2 NLHE, and I'm planning to move up to $2/$4 soon. Yes, I play very agressive pre-flop and re-raise alot - deeper the stacks, the more I tend to re-raise.

But as said, I would enjoy to have a discussion over MSN or something like that. Feel free to send me a message on odds.fo.

/RabsInTheBabs