Thursday, March 15, 2007

March 15th - $10/$20.

Monthly goal: $11.000
I am at $6.824
Change: $2.309


Luck has surely been on my side this month, I know that I can't attribute my winnings to stellar play or hard work. I am not playing badly, sucking out and hitting draws but I am getting good cards and hitting a lot of flops.
Even unfocused I still think I beat the $5/$10 games, but I shouldn't be at $7.000 yet if skill was all that mattered.

I am getting to a point where I feel like taking a shot at $10/$20 might be a good idea. So while I secure a bankroll I would be comfortable with, I try to get a few hands in at the higher limits. If the games are good and I feel I am playing solid I try to get in some practice.

K8s in the Big Blind: The bigger stakes aren't as daunting as I expected. Internet poker has a way of making the money involved seem trivial.
I haven't played any big pots yet at $10/$20 though. Perhaps I will find the inevitable swings harder to take than I make out.

My biggest obstacle at the moment is playing enough hands so before I can dream about $10/$20 I need to get myself motivated to put in more hours at the tables each day.

No comments: