Thursday, March 01, 2007

March 1st - February results.

Monthly goal: $10.000
I made $15.285
Change: $4.053


I played very well yesterday and got some good hands as well. It is always good to make several buy-ins in one day, but it feels even better to be able to end this month with such good results.

Here a my results for the month of February

I made $14.808 from cash games alone. Add to that close to $1.000 from rakeback and subtract a couple of buy-ins for tournaments that didn't go too well and I made a total of $15.285 in 28 days.

I am very happy about the results. I was hoping to get a thousand hands in a day, but even though I didn't make it, this month was a step in the right direction. I crossed the $10.000 goal in mid February, but I had to struggle to keep ahead of it in the late days of the month. Yesterday was a big score and I raced in front of the goal.

As you might notice, I made an effort to play as many hands as I could in the $5/$10 NL games. I wanted to prove to myself that I played a winning game at that level. Because I have had some dubious results in those stakes for a couple of months now.

This months results have spurred my desires to try my luck at $10/$20 NL. If I can repeat the number of hands played and close to the results I have had for this month in the months to come. I think I will save some of my future profits for building a bankroll and give $10/$20 a try.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

great month :) let us know how the 10/20 stab goes

Anonymous said...

hey nice going buddy.

I am curious to how much rake you generated this past month. What does in say in your poker tracker database?

Goodluck at the tables

Unknown said...

Hi

Poker Tracker lists my total rake for February at just over $3.500. I get 28% rakeback on Full Tilt Poker, but unfortunately I get no rakeback on Party Poker.

So I roughly have to beat the game for $2.500 over 25.000 hands on Full Tilt just to break even.
On Party I need to beat it for an additional $1.000.

I remember reading in some book ...if you find yourself even after months of play, congratulations. You have beaten the rake, a feat most players will never accomplish.

Thanks for the encouragement :)
Johan

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a good month. Nice to see you back on greener pastures.

Razboynik said...

Hi Johan !
Do you play any games other than tx nl ?
I like to play many different games otherwise I get bored.
How do you combat the boredom ?
Cheers.

Unknown said...

I dabble in Omaha and sometimes I mix it up by playing tournaments or limit, but my best game is by far NL Hold'em.

When I get bored playing Hold'em I usually just log out. I don't think it is a good idea to try to end my boredom by playing other games.

The advise I try to follow is to take a break from poker if boredom becomes a problem. Hopefully the time away will kindle a renewed interest in the game.