Saturday, March 10, 2007

March 10th - A turn for the better.

Monthly goal: $11.000
I am at $4.938
Change: $4.354


What a big score in two days play. Suddenly I feel pretty good about playing again, it is funny how much my mood has to do with the amount of money I win at poker.

Yesterdays session wasn't too grand. I didn't play my best, but I got good cards and ended up about $1.000.

Today I played better and it seemed to be a small winning session, but just before I called it quits I went on a rush and won a couple of big pots in short time.

AJs in the Cut Off: I often get faced with these kind of block bets. I sometimes stick in a raise, but I think calling down when hitting a mid pair is the right play.

I am trying to host a poker game tonight. As usual it is a bother trying to arrange it, I have spent all day on the phone and am still not sure if it'll become anything or not.
People want the luxury of not having to come if they don't want to and still having a game waiting for them if they decide to come. So getting 6 confirmed players for a SnG is a drag.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would not think you see that kin of bad play (villains play) at NL1000.

Which hands do you normally reraise with, when you have 100 bb?

Anonymous said...

Cant help but think that youre "Good mood = good session" vs. "Bad mood = loosing session" thesis might be a bit oversimplified. I'm sure that youre actual experiences are more nuanced on this effect that mood swings have on the quality of play. Are we not talking about one of the quientessential things to master as a winning pokerplayer here? Its interesting actually; what effect does mood have when you take away basic tilt or playing when clearly tired/preoccupied with other things? Is there such a thing as a perfect poker mood - a poker zen'ish state of mind? What are youre thoughts?

Unknown said...

Hi

As so many other things in poker, what I reraise with depends on my opponent and the situation.

I know that is probably not the answer you were looking for, I just don't have a better one to give.

Suni

I didn't really mean that a good mood equals a good session, but more the other way around. I just didn't word it very well.

That said, I think the level of concentration is crucial to the quality of play. So if your not excited and psyched about playing then your focus will most likely suffer and so will your game.

Anonymous said...

The idea about "the poker mood" is quite interesting. One of the best internet players in the world Brian Townsend (aba20, sbrugby) has often stated that he works out before playing his poker sessions. I must say following his advice I feel alot more focused and less prone to be stressed while playing my sessions. My leading opinion at the moment is that it's because being physically tired calms the mind, bringing mind and body into balance. It's similar to what Richard Florida touched upon when explaining the creative class and what amenities they seek (extreme sports, hiking, bicycle tracks etc. and not bowling alleys.)