Monday, March 26, 2007

March 26th - Ill timed bluffs.

Monthly goal: $11.000
I am at $14.068
Change: $1.702


This weekend is turning out great. I always expect the first weekend to be the best one, with people getting paychecks and losing players returning.

I haven't been playing my best game this weekend, but the cards have been good and my hands have held up.

99 on the Button: I guess I picked a poor spot to bluff here, but judging the action in the hand I really didn't think anyone of them could have a strong hand here.
I was sure I'd see some timers ticking down with them wishing they had a hand better than TT or QJ, but instead I got a quick call from a slowplayed set.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the good reults :)

Just a thought...
Given that your average pot is comparable to a Western world month salary, do you think the people who play at your level depend in any way upon pay checks to finance playing?
What I'm getting at is, are you not playing against regulars all the time? And if so, how come there is a step up in action over the weekends and in particular first weekend after getting paid?

At my lvl however :) Playing the 5max tables at 0.5-1NL on pay weekend is just nuts. Profitable but nuts :)

Celdar

Unknown said...

Thanks

Most of the less skilled players at the higher limits, often sit with less than a full buy in.

I imagine that the under stacked players are the 5 percent of the low limit players who have caught a good streak and built their monthly $100 deposit up to $1.000 and are taking their shot at fame and fortune.

I am just guessing though.