Wednesday, May 09, 2007

May 9th - Bad luck revisited.

Monthly goal: $5.000
I am at -$276
Change: -$700


I had a dreadful session yesterday. I played a decent game and got some decent cards to work with and I even managed to get my money in with the best of it against some poor players. Unfortunately the flushes and gut-shots hit on the river in all the key pots and I ended the day down almost 2 buy-ins.

I am going to stick to $2/$4 for the time being and hope I can catch some wind in my sails again.

65s in the Big Blind: This is a 6 buy-in swing with me being a 70% favorite. Just this pot would have left me up $1.700 for the day.

AA in the Cut Off: Here is another big pot that would have left me up for the day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you can blame your "bad luck" on that 56s. You never had the pot odds!!! It seems to me you're not playing right, you're too agressive to put your money in the pot!
But good luck anyways...

Unknown said...

No I don't think I made a mistake on the 56s hand.

Anonymous said...

@ jon
the 56 is really very standard... well played jóhan

Anonymous said...

Tough luck man!

You played both those hands very very good. Just unlucky that the variance was against you.

Anonymous said...

It's alright to call pre-flop, and even on the first bet after the turn, but with the re-raise I don't think you have the odds, but I might be wrong. It's not a bad or wrong play, it's just not right according to basic maths...But yeah, they're right too: tough luck!

But I still think you are very fast to put all your money in(no offence). Personally I prefer the old-school style...But hey, it's your game and you have been on top before!