Thursday, May 24, 2007

May 24th - The "Nut"

Monthly goal: $5.000
I am at $778
Change: $405


It feels good to post about winning sessions again, even though the winnings are hardly what I hoped for this month. I will take whatever I can get though. I don't really know what my "nut" will be when I move to Denmark, but I don't think it will be more than a grand or so because I'll be getting students aid while studying there.

For those of you who don't know the term, the "nut" is what you have to make each month to get by financially.

I have never been a big spender, nor have I become one after my good fortune at poker. I usually spend an average amount as long as my bank account blossoms, but as soon as I see it dwindle a bit I tighten my spending for fear of going broke before I get my next pay check. Because of that I usually end each month with a little money saved up.

It has been that same way with poker, I don't really get affected be loosing a big pot or two, but as soon as my bankroll starts to approach its halfway mark or so my grip around it tightens like a snare.
I guess some go through the last half of their bankroll just as fast as they go through the first half.

AQo in Middle Position: This was the only really big loss from me during my last session. I guess I could have played it differently, but seeing what I got called by preflop I think it is correct of me to make a continuation bet in a spot like this.

2 comments:

PJ said...

Hey - nice blog you got here, thx for commenting on mine.

It's definitely hard for me to put in 40k hands per month since also work...you said you quit your job to play poker? How is that going? do you feel like you put in 40 hrs a week at poker? What limits are you at now?

Would love to hear about your experiences so far?

Unknown said...

Hi PJ

I have answered on your blog.

Kind Regards
Johan

PJ's blog can be found through a link in his profile, if you click his name here.