Wednesday, December 20, 2006

December 20th - Finally blogging on a new PC

Monthly goal: Starting again!
I'm at $1.609


Yesterday was great, I played well and got some cards too. I played very aggressively, pushing into medium sized pots and forcing opponents into spots where they could make big mistakes. I almost forgot how playing fast was profitable at lower limits.

Today I have mostly just been tinkering with my new computer. It has been a long struggle, but I am happy to say it's finally up and running.

My new computer is finally up and running

I think I started working on getting a new computer almost half a year ago. I've had several obstacles on my way. Firstly my idea of water cooling didn't work out. Secondly I returned one complete PC to a shop, because I wasn't happy with it. Lastly I've had trouble with a power supply cord being too short and setting up a RAID 0 system properly.
The end product was worth it though. I'm writing this entry on my new computer, in a quiet serenity of a silent yet powerful system. The whole ordeal set me back almost $2.000. That may seem expensive for most of you, but here in Faroe Islands large shipping costs are a burden we have to live with and $2.000 is a very fair price for a high-end new computer.

I am looking forward to playing some poker on the new rig, hopefully it will bring me as much success or more than my old one.

AQo on the Button: I don't know if I should have folded this turn or if I should have called on the river. My opponent acted fast on all streets and on the river I thought her most likely holding was a flush, a set or KQo with the King of Clubs. So I went with it and decided to fold.
I was pretty sure she had a strong hand and wasn't on a semi-bluff on the turn and she really isn't giving me odds to draw for the flush, if those are my only outs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude,

It's good to see you blogging again more frequently and that your bad run seems to be easing off.
Congrats with your new system as well.

I would have folded to that river bet too. I don't think it is weak, I think you are most likely beaten.

Celdar

Unknown said...

Hi Celdar

I agree about the river fold. I Would like to know what you think about the turn though.

Thanks for rooting for me :)
Johan

Anonymous said...

Ehm, to be honest my gut feeling is that she holds KQ with the K of clubs. It depends on reads, but I would probably have played the hand the way you played it, i.e. called on the turn.

Her play confuses me a bit though. You have cold called the turn on a flush board, and then she goes all in on the river as if she does not fear the flush.

Celdar