Tuesday, October 30, 2007

October 30th - Homework finished

I finished both my essays on time. They turned out OK, although I would have preferred a day more to work on the grammar and structure.

Needless to say, me and the rest of my class were quite relieved on Friday. So the weekend featured some partying.

I did play a decent session yesterday. I finished up winning a small amount, leaving me up about $400 this month. No fortune, but I'll take it. I do feel a bit rusty, but I also feel like I am quickly getting back to speed. This hand however didn't turn out to great:

88 in the Small Blind: My opponent in this hand had just suffered two big losses. One was an all-in where he had KK and ran into Aces. Anyway, I thought there was a strong possibility of tilt and didn't want to get bluffed. I don't think folding the flop is the right play, but by the turn I definitely should have picked up on his confidence, instead of focusing on the tilt factor.

That hand proved the most costly and it happened just a couple of orbits into the session. I am glad that I was able to put it behind me and work with my table image. Often one such bad judgment call can creep in and distract throughout a session.

Now I just need to verify my new address with Party Poker and grind a couple of hours every week. I feel confident that I can get to where I was some months ago and cash out a decent pay-check every month.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god! what were you thinking on the turn when you made that call?
any Ace has you beated:
AA
A2
A3
A4
A5
A6
A7
A8
A9
AT
AQ
AK

you are crazy man.

playhard@dailyquiz.ch

Unknown said...

I am afraid you misread the hand. I guess what you were thinking is if I had an underpair to the two-pair on the board.

I didn't; I had a pair of Eight's. Thus holding 9988 with a 4 kicker by the turn, which beats 9944 with an Ace kicker.

Anonymous said...

have you already found a girlfriend?

if not, you are a

L O S E R