Sunday, October 14, 2007

October 14th - First real session

I took a real session today. It went very badly, putting me down about $2.200 for the month. I didn't bring my best game and I am sure it got worse after the first two beats.

I choose $2/$4 to start of easy. I guess I should be happy about my choice considering how bad it went. The games were good and I got a decent run of cards, but my good hands didn't hold up and my draws didn't get there.

I think I still played a winning game at those stakes. Sometimes the cards just won't let you win. Of the mistakes I made I think the biggest was opening 6 tables. If I want to start of slow I should limit my multi-tabling.

A9s from Under the Gun: If I were to play this hand again, I would just call his min-bets hoping to hit my flush. I was fairly certain he had a top pair weak kicker or mid pair type hand when he lead the flop.

I'll try to put the session behind me and get cracking on some homework. It kind of sucks to start out playing again, after losing $2.200. $3/$6 will probably be the highest I will play this month, so getting back into the positive will require some work.

No comments: